Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday With A Smile

Today was much like alot of other Saturdays.... The first thing on my mind is to RELAX, but 16 hours later, I'm finally getting to do just that.  I woke up early this morning and drank a beautifully crafted cup of joe that my husband prepared so lovingly for me.  As I write this, my mouth is watering for a refill (complete with caffeine jolt).

I have been preoccupied with numerous different things this week (pretty much this whole month)... so I finally had a chance to reconnect with my Etsy account.  I opened up my Saturday with a nice early morning chat on Etsy.  It's always nice to make some new friends and network with people that are trying to accomplish the very same thing you are. 

I then decided to motivate myself up and out of my recliner. I quickly got dressed and proceeded to work for the day. I enjoy the time I get to spend at the auto shop without customers and co-workers around to interrupt my ritual cleaning routine.  Three hours, a bottle of toilet cleaner, two rolls of paper toweling, and one bucket of mop water later... the shop is back to tip-top shape, and I am ready to take on another Monday--head on with no worries. 

I not only put in overtime at work this week, but I also managed to check off another miscellaneous item on my "To Do" list.  I created a wonderful draft for my best friend's gorgeous little red-headed firecracker-of-a daughter's birthday present.... A miniature stepping stool with her name burnt on the top, complete with a border of ivy, flowers, and accented with a butterfly.  After I accomplished everything I needed to at work, I drove frantically to Hobby Lobby to take full advantage of my 40% Off coupon (Why doesn't every company give a customer incentive like this?).  I am quite proud to say, I brought the stool home and worked vigorously to prepare it for the Big Burn!  I am finally ready to create another one-of-a-kind piece of art.  The best part of it all-- This stool will be a part of my friend's daughter's life for many years to come....  

All in all, today was a wonderful little Saturday. 

No comments:

Search This Blog